Stonegate supports Long Live the Local initiative
Long Live The Local has launched a new campaign calling for the reform of three taxes
- Lowering the level of VAT for all food and beverages sold in pubs
- Reducing Beer Duty
- Lowering business rates for pubs equitable to other similar businesses.
WHAT IS LONG LIVE THE LOCAL?
Long Live The Local is an industry backed campaign which launched in 2018 to raise awareness of the high number of pub closures across the UK and to highlight that the UK has one of the highest Beer Duty rates in the world.
WHAT ARE THEY CAMPAIGNING FOR?
Long Live The Local have returned with a brand new campaign for 2021. It celebrates the full return of the pub and breweries whilst also highlighting the important social, cultural and economic role pubs play in our lives.
The campaign is calling on the Government to invest in Britain’s pubs and breweries through the reform of the tax burden our sector faces. It’s campaigning for the reform of three taxes:
- A permanent lower level of VAT for all food and beverages sold in pubs
- An overall reduction in Beer Duty
- Lower business rates for pubs equitable to other similar businesses
WHAT CAN YOU DO TO SUPPORT THE CAMPAIGN?
Please sign the petition for pubs and breweries and send an email to your local MP – it will only take two minutes of your time.